Key to this was to ensure that:
- Practices can continue to use spreadsheets as part of the VAT process.
- Practices can monitor and manage VAT returns for multiple clients who might be using a variety of third-party bookkeeping solutions.
- Practices can continue to offer their clients choice on how best to submit VAT for their business.
CCH OneClick gives you that choice to maintain as many of your processes as possible, allowing practices to:
- Continue supporting multiple bookkeeping products – we understand that many different bookkeeping solutions may be used across your client base and this data may be exported to spreadsheets for the purposes of competing a VAT return.
- Continue using your spreadsheets – once this data is in a spreadsheet, these can be uploaded to CCH OneClick, which is API-enabled and can be submitted direct to HMRC – allowing you to continue with your current processes as closely as possible.
- Monitor your VAT returns – the choice to utilise either a full task management monitoring system using CCH Central workflow or a proactive live dashboard within CCH OneClick to see your VAT cases at a glance.
We have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback from our early adopters that have already made VAT submissions using CCH OneClick as part of HMRC’s MTD pilot. Tony Hyde of Newby Castleman was keen to share his experience of using the VAT toolset within CCH OneClick.
“We have been working with CCH OneClick as part of the MTD pilot and have been hugely impressed with how easy it was to get up and running. I was particularly impressed with how straight forward the actual process of filing a VAT return was using CCH OneClick. Added to this, the dashboards within CCH OneClick allow me to monitor the progress of our VAT clients and having access to information such as the Digital VAT Account means CCH OneClick provides me with a complete Making Tax Digital for VAT toolset.”
Next on the development agenda
The next enhancement to the MTD for VAT toolset will be client-side VAT filing from within the client workspace within CCH OneClick. The CCH OneClick client workspace will enable your clients to submit VAT returns, providing them with the choice to continue using their current VAT processes that may involve the use of a spreadsheet.
Book a demo and find out how your practice can benefit from CCH OneClick you can call 0344 561 8181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org